April 13 – 4pm EST
Presenter: Patrick Reiser CCP Director, Construction Support Services – Axias, Inc. Alexandria, VA
A graduate of James Madison University with a degree in integrated science and technology, Patrick wore a variety of hats—designer, cost estimator, construction manager—with a building products manufacturer, construction company, and a developer before joining Axias in 2020. He has worked on a variety of project types including commercial buildings, offices, conference centers, and fitness centers.
Patrick is certified by the National Association of Construction Auditors as a construction control professional, hence the “CCP” after his name. He is a collaborator, working closely with architects, engineers, and owners to effectively manage more than $20 million worth of capital and tenant improvements from start to finish.
CPE: 1 per session
The educational sessions offered by NACA are designed to provide learning opportunities for individuals who perform construction audits. The annual conference and webinars are an opportunity to not only receive all the latest updates from NACA and industry experts, but also to meet and discuss best practices with peers and colleagues.
Who Should Attend: Construction audit professionals, CPAs, real estate owners, government employees and others involved in preparing or reviewing construction audits.
CPE Credit: Attendees seeking CPE credits will be required to sign a sheet after each program that indicates the session name, topic, presenters and that they did indeed attend.
Fields of Study: Audit, accounting, fraud, contracts.
Requesting CPE – all attendees must request CPE in writing (email to email@example.com) – we will not send out blanket copies of CPE.
NACA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors*. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
1. Learning objectives – The goal of the NACA educational programs is to provide our attendees qualified learning opportunities from well seasoned industry experts in the fields of accounting, audit and fraud. Major topics included in this seven-day: (please see agenda page)
2. Instructional delivery methods – all programs will be presented in a Group-Live / webinar setting by various speakers in an online format. All presenters will use power point presentations and a pdf of the presentation will be available after the Conference unless restricted.
3. Recommended CPE credit and recommended field of study- all programs are offered to educate accountants, auditors and fraud specialists. Each 50 minute session is recommended to be worth (1) CPE credits.
4. Prerequisites – there are no requirements for attendee’s background or credentials. The Conference is open to NACA members and non members.
5. Advanced preparation – there are no requirements for advanced preparation. Presenters will be asked for their power point in advance so they may be posted on the NACA website, but that is not guaranteed.
6. Program level – while generally targeted at experienced professionals in this field, the programs will educate beginner to advanced professionals who attend.
7. Concerns contact information– the administrative contact for the NACA is Executive Director Edward Walsh who can be reached at 804-457-8960 or by email at: info @thenaca.org.
8. Tuition webinars– all programs are available to all attendees who have paid their tuition.
*Developed in 1990, the National Registry of CPE Sponsors is a program offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) to recognize CPE program sponsors who provide continuing professional education (CPE) programs in accordance with nationally recognized standards. Many State Boards of Accountancy require CPAs to earn required CPE credits through companies approved on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.