July 25 – 3pm EST
Presenter: Ben Evans – President Auditec Solutions, a full service payment integrity and profit recovery firm headquartered in the Greater Phoenix, Arizona Valley. Auditec services many Fortune 500 companies that span a diverse spectrum of industries. To learn more about Auditec, please visit https://auditecsolutions.com.
In this presentation on data and document collection practices in construction auditing, Ben Evans will cover the critical role of efficient and accurate data collection methods in ensuring successful construction audit projects. The presentation will cover various types of data and documents that are typically required for construction audits, including contracts, change orders, invoices, and project schedules.Ben will discuss best practices for data and document collection, such as using electronic document management systems, establishing clear document naming conventions, and ensuring that all team members understand their roles and responsibilities in the data collection process. The presentation will also cover the importance of data accuracy and completeness in construction auditing and how faulty conclusions can negatively impact project outcomes. Attendees can expect to leave the presentation with a clear understanding of the critical role of efficient data and document collection practices in construction auditing, and best practices to improve project outcomes, enhance stakeholder confidence, and increase profitability.
CPE: 1 per session
The educational sessions offered by NACA are designed to provide learning opportunities for individuals who perform construction audits. The annual conference and webinars are an opportunity to not only receive all the latest updates from NACA and industry experts, but also to meet and discuss best practices with peers and colleagues.
Who Should Attend: Construction audit professionals, CPAs, real estate owners, government employees and others involved in preparing or reviewing construction audits.
CPE Credit: Attendees seeking CPE credits will be required to sign a sheet after each program that indicates the session name, topic, presenters and that they did indeed attend.
Fields of Study: Audit, accounting, fraud, contracts.
Requesting CPE – all attendees must request CPE in writing (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) – we will not send out blanket copies of CPE.
NACA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors*. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
1. Learning objectives – The goal of the NACA educational programs is to provide our attendees qualified learning opportunities from well seasoned industry experts in the fields of accounting, audit and fraud. Major topics included in this seven-day: (please see agenda page)
2. Instructional delivery methods – all programs will be presented in a Group-Live / webinar setting by various speakers in an online format. All presenters will use power point presentations and a pdf of the presentation will be available after the Conference unless restricted.
3. Recommended CPE credit and recommended field of study- all programs are offered to educate accountants, auditors and fraud specialists. Each 50 minute session is recommended to be worth (1) CPE credits.
4. Prerequisites – there are no requirements for attendee’s background or credentials. The Conference is open to NACA members and non members.
5. Advanced preparation – there are no requirements for advanced preparation. Presenters will be asked for their power point in advance so they may be posted on the NACA website, but that is not guaranteed.
6. Program level – while generally targeted at experienced professionals in this field, the programs will educate beginner to advanced professionals who attend.
7. Concerns contact information– the administrative contact for the NACA is Executive Director Edward Walsh who can be reached at 804-457-8960 or by email at: info @thenaca.org.
8. Tuition webinars– all programs are available to all attendees who have paid their tuition.
*Developed in 1990, the National Registry of CPE Sponsors is a program offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) to recognize CPE program sponsors who provide continuing professional education (CPE) programs in accordance with nationally recognized standards. Many State Boards of Accountancy require CPAs to earn required CPE credits through companies approved on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.