In 2020 the NACA will visit the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville. The conference sessions are designed to provide learning opportunities for individuals who perform construction audits. The conference is an opportunity to not only receive all the latest updates from NACA and industry experts, but also to meet and discuss best practices with peers and colleagues.
Who Should Attend: Construction audit professionals, CPAs, real estate owners, government employees and others involved in preparing or reviewing construction audits. CPE Credit: Up to 20 recommended hours. Attendees seeking CPE credits will be required to sign a sheet after each program that indicates the session name, topic, presenters and that they did indeed attend. Field of Study: Audit, accounting, fraud, contracts.
1. Learning objectives - The goal of the Conference is to provide our attendees qualified learning opportunities from well seasoned industry experts in the fields of accounting, audit and fraud. Major topics included in this three-day seminar include: (please see agenda page)
2. Instructional delivery methods - all programs will be presented in a Group-Live setting by various speakers in a single session room at the Gaylord Opryland - Sept. 28-30, 2020. All presenters will use power point presentations and a pdf of the presentation will be available after the Conference unless restricted.
3. Recommended CPE credit and recommended field of study- all programs are offered to educate accountants, auditors and fraud specialists. Each 60 minute session is recommended to be worth (tba) CPE credits.
4. Prerequisites - there are no requirements for attendee's background or credentials. The Conference is open to NACA members and non members.
5. Advanced preparation - there are no requirements for advanced preparation. Presenters will be asked for their power point in advance so they may be posted on the NACA website, but that is not guaranteed.
6. Program level - while generally targeted at experienced professionals in this field, the programs will educate beginner to advanced professionals who attend.
7. Concerns contact information- the administrative contact for the NACA is Executive Director Edward Walsh who can be reached at 804-457-8960 or by email at: info @thenaca.org.
8. Tuition for Conference- all programs are available to all attendees who have paid their registration fee. (please see "registration" ). Cancelation of registration must be prior to August 15, 2020 and submitted in writing (email). There will be a charge for cancelation of $150.00 (US).
For additional information on this year’s Conference please see that tabs above for agenda and accommodations.
*Developed in 1990, the National Registry of CPE Sponsors is a program offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) to recognize CPE program sponsors who provide continuing professional education (CPE) programs in accordance with nationally recognized standards. Many State Boards of Accountancy require CPAs to earn required CPE credits through companies approved on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.